Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wisdom and Bagels

Its been a while since I blogged. Spilling water on one's computer (a second time) tends to be a detriment to internet access. As myself and my fellow gobies work hard through the summer, it becomes pretty evident how much i miss the company of our Pittsburgh Bretheren, Mark and Andy. Last weekend at no surf, with pittsburgh teams oozing all over the fields like a bunch of big sooty pimples, I wished that I could be skying pretty eyed, or bulge-enhanced chumps.

No Surf was an excellent tournament in which i got to participate against some high quality competition. It was definitely a learning experience for myself. Also the bagels were excellent.

I've been having to go to a lot of "summer on the cuyahoga events", and the last one I attended was a talk at shaker country club hosted by none other than the cavaliers GM danny ferry. The dan man imparted some sage wisdom about the cavs, and cleveland sports in general. He said:

"We're not cursed, we just weren't good enough to win"

Being the proud and mighty gobies that we are. We often tend to think that we "should've won that game" or failed to beat a team when "we're better than them". I think in times like these we need to remember the Dan Man's words. Once we become an excellent team, there won't be frustrating losses. We'll just be better.


-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment