Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Week 3 Summer League Results - Powder

Look man. We lost. GG. NBFD. Game nearly rained out. Ed an I were both tired/hurt on the field, didn't think it was worth it to over exert ourselves in a Summer League game. My boy Ed's been doin' work harder than Kobe, Ultimate 6-7 days. He deserves an "off" day. I hope he listened to a lot of chill-tense musik on the way home. Maybe even just chill.

I didn't even think I would make the game. I ended up showing, however, and it was quickly apparent to me that I was still injured. I bruised my right rib on a layout at Poultry Days. It hurts to breathe sometimes. It hurts more when I try to run. I was completely ineffective. I had like 2 good points. Barely broke a sweat. Didn't care though, thought it more important to heal up. I played limited minutes. I won't make practice tomorrow either - I need to heal up. I hope bruised ribs arent a big deal.

We even ran a cup-o-saurous one point, and the last point for us was an upside down point. But hey, despite all the fatigue and pain, we still had fun this week. It's okay to have an off week. That's the nice thing about summer league, it matters some, but at the end of it all, it's not Regionals we're talking about.

3 comments:

  1. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man.

    Even though AI thinks it's not a big deal, the beat reporter thinks getting your fair share of field time is still important during the 'off-season' (but not at the risk of further injuries). But seriously, you should take a few days off like you had mentioned in a previous post. I've seen injuries like this a few times in my career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the practice quote was EXACTLY what i thought of too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha yep it's a classic for sure.

    Are you following the beat reporter blog as well?

    ReplyDelete