Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Half Full or Half Empty?

I'd say the summer is about halfway done. A good month and a half has passed, about that much more left. I figure it's a good time to reflect a little on everything so far, and possibly refocus for the second half of the summer.

For starters my summer league team is 2-3. We won last week handily, it was never even close. I barely broke a sweat, and was kind of disappointed by the workout. Nevertheless, as a team, we made up some point differential, which was good.

This week was a little more interesting. We played White, and on paper, I must say I didn't recognize many people - so I thought it might be an easier win, a win that would punch us into the top Tier of competition for the second half of summer league. We traded points throughout, going up 2, and down 2. We played a lot of zone, they beat it with hammers. It was actually a lot of fun. With about 3 minutes to go, we were down 2. We sent out a hot stud line, and went on a solid run scoring 2 quick points off big yardage gainers via huck. Double game point ensued, I got a handblock on their goal line, but then turned it over trying to get the disc to Rose on the block. They then marched it down the field for the win. Disappointing loss, but w/e, It's the tournament that matters the most I guess.

Anyway, in regards to my own personal progress...I'd like to continue working on throws, breaking the mark, getting in better shape, still, and continuing to work hard on defense. My xrays on my ribs came back, nothing broken, but I did lose some quality time. In a few weeks I'll be leaving the country, so my time is actually pretty short in regards to increasing my game further.

In summary though, I'm not too pleased with the way this summer is shaping up in terms of Ultimate (more personal than anything, injury, work, etc.). It's had it's ups, but a lot of downs along the way as well. Only thing to do is make the second half better.

No comments:

Post a Comment