Thursday, April 30, 2009

Essentials on the Road To Regionals: Part 1: The Trust Fall


So I think it's about time for a new blog series. I will call it "Essentials on the Road to Regionals"; pretty self explanatory: simple, necessary things that if done enough, our chances for Regionals 2010 will increase dramatically. All players on the Fighting Gobies should take these to heart and implement them in their daily "thizz over regionals" session. I hope my fellow bloggers will continue this blog series and get in on the fun.

Essential #1: The Trust Fall

Who: you and a fellow teammate, especially one that you need to increase your bro-ing out level, chemistry on the field, or just overall confidence in one another.
What: See below in description.
When: whenever you and your teammeate need it.
Where: anywhere, but preferably on an Ultimate field to increase your Ultimate awareness and passion.
Why: Playing, living, breathing, sleeping, dreaming, eating, training, and trust falling as a team is the only way we'll accomplish our goal of regionals

Description: Master Bro K.P. showed me this beautiful little bonding moment last night at the women's practice. One teammate stands behind the other, a short distance apart (a few feet to start, then further apart as your trust points are increased as you level up). The person in front is the "faller". He sticks his arms out horizontal. Before you make the fall, declare with passion 2-3 statements demonstrating your trust in your fellow teammeate (such as: Me: "Kevin, I know when I cut break, you will somehow find a way to release a beautiful backhand break to me for the score. Kevin, I know when in the rare case I get beat deep on defense, you will be there in a flash of speed and manliness to D the deep throw to my guy. Kevin, I know when I have a bad day, you will always be there to lean on for support and comfort."). Following these words of trust, the faller will proceed to fall backwards with no intentions of breaking the fall, placing all trust in his teammeate to catch him (OPTIONAL: faller can close eyes to increase sense of placing complete trust in teammate). The teammate will catch the faller with his powerful, muscular arms. You then switch roles, the faller becoming the catcher and vice versa.

Note: these procedures can be repeated if you feel you haven't reached the level of chemistry and trust needed to get to Regionals.

Note #2: Can also be done with multiple catchers as shown in the picture above; ideal for teamwide bonding.

If anyone needs a demonstration, let me know, I'm always glad to help show the path to regionals.

- Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment