Saturday, August 8, 2009

Gushers and such




A box of gushers normally has 6 packets of delicious sugary "fruit snacks". Yesterday I picked up a box, and to my suprise:

7 packets.

it was miraculous. I paid for 6, and got 7. It made me think of the gobies. I look around at our team and wonder "who is going to be the 7th packet". Could it be one of our established players who steps up? Could it be an unknown freshman seeing goby glory? Who knows. I'm excited, almost as excited as i was when I shoved another wad of gushers in my mouth

Today was also the culmination of cleveland disc association draft league. I can proudly say, that for the first time in my life, I have won a championship in something. The finals were hard fought, and it was a challenging, but exciting game. Afterwards, my captain told me that intensity on the ultimate field was truly important, and to keep it up during the college season. He said Case needs to have dirty jerseys on Sunday, and I hope that's something we can all strive to do. The more we play balls to the wall, the more it will inspire our team to work hard as a group and achieve something great.

I'm excited to see all our new players, to see old ones go crazy on the field, and to see unexpected people step up in big ways. Hopefully we're all tweaking out and screaming after every point. Not in a douchey way or anything, but just so that we can feed off of each other and really care about something so that it pushes us to achieve. Even though it's just ultimate, that kind of attitude definitely translates to every important aspect of life.

-Kevin

1 comment:

  1. I think MVP of Pink was Pochazilla. But for Black it was hands down #24...or was it #28? That player kept it close throughout.

    Much love though, K-Love.

    ReplyDelete